Palmdale is a city north of Los Angeles, in California. The Joe Davies Heritage Airpark features military planes used by the U.S. Air Force the Palmdale Amphitheater hosts big-name musical acts. North of the city, trails wind through the Prime Desert Woodland Preserve, home to jackrabbits and rich birdlife.
Places to visit:
- Dry Town Water Park- Water Park named after Dry Town mining company has slides, a lazy river, wading pools & a cafe.
- George Lane Park- Compact, tree-lined space featuring play equipment, sports courts, picnic tables & a swimming pool.
- Lancaster National Soccer Center- Athletic facility with 35 soccer fields (11 of which are lighted), plus 2 activity buildings.
- Bouquet Reservoir- Picturesque reservoir in forest surrounds features sweeping mountain views & area hiking trails.
- Lake Palmdale- This Lake is a part of the California State Water Project and is an artificial lake completed in 1924.
- William J. McAdam Park- Public Park with tennis courts, ball fields, BBQs, a playground & an outdoor swimming pool.
Places to stay:
- Ramada Inn Palmdale- Casual hotel featuring free breakfast & Wi-Fi, plus an outdoor pool, a gym & a tennis court.
- Holiday Inn Palmdale- A lodging offering free Wi-Fi & an outdoor pool, plus a casual bistro/bar.
- Motel 6- Straightforward budget property with an outdoor pool & on-site dining, plus free morning coffee.
- Hampton Inn & Suites- Straightforward hotel with free Wi-Fi & hot breakfast, plus an outdoor pool & an on-site store.
- Hilton Garden Inn- Modern hotel with an American restaurant & a business center, plus free Wi-Fi & parking.
- EZ8 Motel- Down-to-earth motel offering modest rooms & free Wi-Fi, plus an outdoor pool & a hot tub.